LOS ANGELES – August 2, 2019 – In its ongoing commitment to exceed industry standards on issues of consumer health and safety, Screaming O has completed its latest round of voluntary materials testing at an independent laboratory. The company is proud to announce that all materials have once again passed with flying colors. Says Account Executive Conde Aumann, “We have built our reputation on quality and safety, and maintaining that commitment is paramount to promoting our products as part of a healthy sex life.”
Conducted twice yearly to coincide with product launches, rigorous testing of each new item is done in categories that mirror those outlined in the Consumer Public Safety Improvement Act, specifically to:
- Identify product’s chemical makeup
- Confirm absence of hazardous elements
- Certify future safety by verifying no leaching of potentially toxic substances
In each review, the three materials used in Screaming O’s newest products were tested: PU coating, the soft-touch surface used in the Bestie Bullet; ABS plastic, the smooth shell used in the Charged Positive Angle Vibe; and SEBS, the stretchy ring used in the Charged Big OMG. Each product was put through three comprehensive tests:
- GC-MS (gas chromatography-mass spectrometry): in which materials are dissolved into liquid so they can be analyzed to identify unknown samples, contaminants, or residual solvents;
- FTIR (Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy): in which infrared light is used to scan samples in order to identify organic, inorganic, and chemical properties; and
- XRF (X-ray fluorescence): in which an x-ray photon beam is directed at the sample, causing its electrons to displace and emit unique energies that reveal which elements are present
In each instance, the material tested was verified to match what the product claimed, with no hazardous elements or toxic substances present. As is normal with these materials, trace amounts of metals were detected at levels considered normal and within acceptable standards for healthy individuals with no allergies.
With this latest round of excellent testing results, Screaming O reaffirms to consumers that each new product debuted can be enjoyed without reservation, fulfilling its promise to provide body-positive, sex-enhancing products that are safe to use and accessibly priced. To learn more about Screaming O’s materials testing program or its product line, please contact email@example.com.